Do you find yourself overwhelmed by customer inquiries flooding your WhatsApp? Are you looking for an efficient way to provide quick responses and improve customer satisfaction? You’re not alone!
According to recent studies, over 66% of people prefer messaging apps like WhatsApp to connect with businesses. This is where WhatsApp chatbots come to the rescue.
This article will show you how to create a free WhatsApp chatbot in easy 5 steps, helping you streamline customer interactions and boost efficiency.
What is WhatsApp chatbot?
A WhatsApp chatbot is a software program that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing (NLP) to understand and respond to user messages on WhatsApp.
These chatbots can answer questions, provide information, and even complete tasks, all within the familiar WhatsApp messaging platform.
Why Do You Need to Create Your Own Chatbot?
There are good reasons why businesses use WhatsApp chatbots. Let’s break it down:
- Faster Customer Service: Imagine not having to wait on hold or for email replies. With chatbots, customers can message and get quick responses, making them happier and less frustrated.
- Automating Tasks: Chatbots handle routine jobs, freeing up employees for more challenging tasks. For example, they can assist with orders and product info so that customer service reps can tackle complex issues.
- 24/7 Support: WhatsApp chatbots never sleep. They’re available day and night, making them great for global businesses serving customers in different time zones.
- Efficiency: Chatbots use natural language processing and machine learning to understand and respond to customer messages. When a customer messages them, the chatbot figures out what the customer wants and sends a suitable response.
- Integration: To use a WhatsApp chatbot, a business needs to connect it to their WhatsApp account. This typically involves creating a bot and API, allowing the chatbot to access and work with WhatsApp.
- Automated Messages: Besides answering questions, chatbots can send automated messages to customers. For example, they can send order updates or appointment reminders, all in a personalized and engaging way.
Creating a WhatsApp chatbot can provide better service, save time, and engage customers more effectively. It’s a smart move for businesses of all sizes.
WhatsApp Chatbot Examples
Benefit Cosmetics Soars with WhatsApp Chatbot
Benefit Cosmetics, the beauty brand known for its exceptional services and cosmetics, achieved remarkable success by harnessing the power of WhatsApp chatbots.
They experienced significant growth in bookings and sales while enhancing their customer service.
Benefit Cosmetics implemented WhatsApp chatbots to:
- Confirm and remind customers about appointments.
- Allow customers to modify appointments within WhatsApp.
- Answer FAQs and showcase products.
- WhatsApp became a central part of their marketing strategy. They used ads to encourage customers to subscribe to WhatsApp messages and even shared fun sticker packs and promotions.
Benefit Cosmetics witnessed incredible success:
- 30% increase in bookings attributable to WhatsApp.
- 200% year-over-year growth in sales.
- 60% faster agent response time compared to email.
- Improved productivity as more customers chose self-service through the chatbot.
How does a WhatsApp Chatbot work?
A WhatsApp chatbot works by using natural language processing and machine learning to understand and respond to messages sent by customers.
When a customer sends a message to the chatbot, the message is analyzed and processed to determine its intent and meaning. The chatbot then selects an appropriate response from a pre-determined set of responses and sends it back to the customer.
In order to use a WhatsApp chatbot, a business must first integrate the chatbot with its WhatsApp account. This typically involves creating a bot and API from WhatsApp, which allows the chatbot to access and interact with the messaging platform.
Once the chatbot is integrated, it can be accessed by customers through the business’s WhatsApp account, allowing them to send and receive messages with the chatbot.
In addition to responding to customer inquiries, WhatsApp chatbot can also be used to send automated messages to customers. For example, a chatbot could be used by a company to send updates on an order’s status or reminders about upcoming appointments or promotions.
These automated messages can be personalized and triggered by specific events or actions, allowing businesses to stay in touch with their customers in a more personalized and engaging way.
You can learn more about chatbot by watching this video:
How to Create a WhatsApp Chatbot?
To create a chatbot on WhatsApp, you need a WhatsApp Business API account because a chatbot can only be used by integrating your WA account with an API system.
So, make sure you already have an account. If you don’t have it, don’t worry because you can follow the steps below:
1. Use the WhatsApp Business Official account
2. Verify your Facebook Business Manager account
Before using the WhatsApp Business API, you should verify your Facebook Business Manager account. In this step, Meta will check the completeness of your business data.
Therefore, you need to prepare the following data:
- Company name
- Website URLs
- Domain email
- Business SIUP/NIB/NPWP
Usually, the Facebook business manager Verification process is confusing for some businesses. To make things easier for you, you can ask for the help of a BSP WhatsApp to verify.
3. Log in to the Qontak Chat Panel
To start using Chatbot, you should log in to your account on the Qontak.com panel. You can do this by using the credentials provided by the Mekari Qontak Team beforehand.
4. Plan the flow of the conversation
Before creating a conversation flow, you need to be sure the chatbot can answer all the questions that customers ask.
You have to think about how the chatbot will conduct conversations with customers.
Some of the following questions can be a guide for you.
- What is the purpose of creating a chatbot? Is it to facilitate consultation and payment or customer service?
- What type of conversation will you have with the customer?
- How does the chatbot respond if it can’t answer customer questions?
But you don’t need to worry. The Mekari Qontak team will guide you in creating a chatbot conversation flow.
5. Submit the conversation flow
When finished, you can continue by submitting the conversation flow.
Make sure you do a test run first to find out if the chatbot is working precisely or not.
Fix any errors that still occur and try again. This testing will help you have quality chatbots that can improve the customer experience.
How Much Does it Cost to Integrate Chatbot to WhatsApp?
The cost to integrate the WhatsApp Chatbot is starting from US$55. However, you will need to use the WhatsApp Business API in order to create a chatbot.
Claim Your Free Account Now!
After knowing about WhatsApp chatbot, are you interested in having one of your own? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
We offer a FREE demo account to let you experience your chatbots on WhatsApp.