Knowing if customers are happy is important for any business. It shows how well the company is doing in making customers happy. One way to check this is using a Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT).
Understanding CSAT is important for businesses because it can help them see what they are doing well and where to improve things.
This article will teach us more about CSAT and how it can help your business be successful.
What is Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)?
A Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) is like a report card that shows how happy customers are with a business, its staff, the things it sells, or the whole experience there.
People usually measure it by asking customers to rate their happiness on a scale from 1 to 5 or 1 to 10.
If the CSAT is high, it means most customers are pretty happy. But if it’s low, that tells us there might be some problems.
Companies often use CSAT to find things they can do better and see if customers are getting happier.
It’s like a tool to check how good the company’s customer service and overall experience are.
What is a Good CSAT Score?
A good CSAT score can vary depending on the type of business and what the customers expect.
Typically, a good CSAT score is when it’s 70% or higher. This means that at least 70 out of 100 customers are happy with the business.
Notes: Having a high CSAT score doesn’t always mean the business is doing everything perfectly. Even if the score is high, listening to what customers say and finding ways to improve things is essential.
Why Should You Measure CSAT?
There are several important reasons to check how happy your customers are (CSAT):
- Keep customers coming back: Happy customers will likely buy from you again.
- Build loyalty: Satisfied customers tend to stick with your company and tell others about it, which makes them more loyal.
- Make customers happier: By measuring CSAT regularly, you can find where things can improve for your customers and make improvements.
- Boost sales and money: When customers are happy, they keep doing business with you and bring in new customers. This can mean more sales and money.
- Have a good reputation: People usually think your company is suitable if your CSAT scores are high. This can help you get new customers and keep the ones you have.
- Improve customer support: Checking CSAT regularly helps you see where your customer support can improve and take steps to improve it.
How to Calculate Customer Satisfaction Score?
Businesses can measure CSAT through customer feedback surveys that ask customers to rate their overall satisfaction with a product or service on a scale.
It usually ranges from “Very unsatisfied” to “Very satisfied,” with options like “Unsatisfied,” “Neutral,” and “Satisfied” in between.
By looking at what customers say in these surveys, businesses can see if people are happy with what they offer.
For example, a business asked 50 people, and 35 said they were happy.
To calculate the CSAT:
- Add up the happy responses (35) and divide it by the total responses (50).
- To make it a percentage, multiply the answer by 100.
35:50 = 0.7×100 = 70%
So, 35 out of 50 is 70%, which means most people are happy with the business. But there’s still room to make things even better.
Customer Satisfaction Score Example
Here is an example of a CSAT survey question:
“Please tell us how happy you are with the product or service you got.”
|Very Unhappy||Unhappy||So-so||Happy||Very Happy|
You can change this to fit what your company offers.
Easily Track Your Customer Satisfaction Score with Mekari Qontak!
Using Mekari Qontak, you can get feedback from customers in real-time and use it to improve your products, services, and the whole customer experience.
You can try it out for free and see how Mekari Qontak can help you watch your customer satisfaction score over time and find ways to improve things.